Often, the cycling world seems split between those who absolutely love
discs and those who think they are just awful. The reality, as so often, is
more complex. After riding more than 20 bikes with disc brakes for
significant distances (a typical Bicycle Quarterly test goes over 300-1000
km and lasts a few weeks), I found that discs have their applications, but
they aren't my preferred brakes for just every bike. Read more about the
pros and cons of disc brakes at

https://janheine.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/disc-brake-pros-and-cons/

Enjoy!

Jan Heine