Thanks for the response, Paul.  I do intend to get one, eventually.  As you
say, it's a steep price for a bell, but a bell is increasingly important
for the riding that I do.  I like the mounting flexibility that the
Spurcycle seems to have, I need to able to reach the bell.  As for
packaging, I was just thinking about that yesterday regarding Apple.  We
just got iPhones.  Apple's packaging sort of makes you feel the way you
described.  Marketing genius, I guess.  I remember that one of our earlier
home computers came in a huge box that looked like a cow!  Cheers,
Steve