Thanks, all. I missed the comparo photo on the Riv site.

Well, since such comfort as I find on the original M bar is riding the
hoods just inside of the curves, the A would give me a slightly wider
stance, which is a plus, but the curves and the drop look pretty much the
same, which is a minus. I guess what I'll do is scavenge a cheap drop bar
and try it first, to see how well the H Solo folds with it. If that works,
all well; if not, back to the search.

At least the M bar is more comfortable than the aggressive Ritchey
bullhorns it replaced.

The Deacon's experience would weigh heavily on the "yes, try it!" side, but
still, those curves ...