I use TRP Hy/Rds on my Foundry Auger, with TRP Pro compressionless
housing.  The Hy/Rds are worlds better than the BB7R's that I used
previously, and almost as good as XT or Guide MTB hydraulic brakes.

The secret (same as with any mechanical disc brake) is to keep the rotor
really true so that you can run with the pads really tight.  That results
in short lever thrown and a nice, tight feel.