Peter,

Is the plug completely waterproof? From your photos, it appears the female
portion is facing up, and vulnerable to water pooling inside.

I do like the compact appearance of the coaxial connector, but until it's
proven, I prefer using my spade-to-banana plug adapter. The plugs are gold
plated, and the female half is oriented downward, so no water pools. I
haven't had a single report of a banana plug failure in two years of using
them.

<https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7421/27086532394_48006e61ca_b.jpg>

Anton
velolumino.com