We now have a good solution for this. Schmidt is making, and I'm stocking,
co-axial connectors. You place them in line a few inches from the hub. Then
the spade connectors stay on the hub, and you connect and disconnect the
wires using the co-axial connector. One connector for both conductors. If
you are also using a charger, you also have the co-axial connectors on the
charger's wiring. So you leave the piggyback connectors on the hub. And of
course it makes no difference which wires off the hub go to the headlight
and which to the charger, as it's just a parallel connection.

PJW
Peter White Cycles

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Eric Norris <campyonly...@me.com> wrote:

> I much prefer the Shimano-style connectors. Easier to set up, easier on
> and off the hub. Try fiddling with the spade connectors in the dark near
> the end of a 600k brevet and you’ll know what I mean.
>
> Schmidt’s spade connectors, by comparison, look like almost Victorian.
>
> --Eric Norris
> campyonly...@me.com
> www.campyonly.com
> campyonlyguy.blogspot.com
>
> On Jan 27, 2017, at 8:02 AM, Jim Bronson <jim.bron...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The SP hubs use the Shimano style connectors.
>
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 8:57 PM, drew <drewbeckme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have the edelux and love it. Perfect in all ways but price.
>>
>> Not to derail, but I just bought the bm eyc for a more budget conscious
>> build (hasn't arrived yet)and will be connecting to a sp-pv8. Anyone know
>> what connector I'll need? This was really easy with the edelux, but the bm
>> wire interface looks different in pics than the edelux or sp plug.
>>
>> --

Peter White