Thank you all for your kind words! Mark sent me a few pics yesterday and
although I have not seen the bike in person yet, it looks from the pics
well balanced and every bit how I envisioned it.

The bike has been in the making for about 18 months now; the first six in
my mind, trying to justify the "one more bike?" thing and the remaining
twelve in the making. An untold number of emails with Grant and Mark has
taken place during the design phase to crystallize the direction the design
was to follow. Grant, to his credit, often mentioned the similarities with
the AHH  but to me a Grant custom design, brazed by Nobillette and painted
by Joe Bell is the "perfect storm" I wanted to get caught in. Mark Abele
has been and continues to be extremely helpful, instrumental and patient
with my never ending avalanche of questions working out all the details.
Dealing with Joe Bell has been exemplary. His attention to detail goes
beyond paint lines. The fellow simply cares too much for what he does. The
first time the phone rung at 10:00pm EST I was surprised; the third time I
had gotten used to it. This journey has been a wonderful experience and was
as important to me as arriving at the destination.

Frame stats:
Size 62.8
Seat angle 72, head angle 72
Rake 50mm
HT length 206.1mm
TT eff 61.6cm
TT upslope 2.5 deg
CS length 47cm
BB drop 80mm
700c, 135mm OLD, clearance for 42mm tires plus fenders

Paint:
Richard Sachs 2013 Saffron with HOK DP-18 Cinnamon Pearl

Build:
DA 9-speed bar ends
TA Specialities Carmina 110/74 46/36/26
Phil BB
XT front and rear deraileurs, long cage rear
11-32 XT
Origin 8 Classique sport road brake levers
Paul's braze-on Racers
CK headset
Nitto NP stem
Nitto S83 seat post
Brooks B17 select (1st time trying this, if not agreeable then the Berthoud
Aspin goes back on)
Albastache (1st time on these as well, if not agreeable then back to drops)
Schmidt Son28 dyno hub with Edelux II

I build my own wheels and the set chosen for the bike uses H+Son TB14
polished 36h rims laced on WI MI5 hub with 14/15/14 ga Sapim Race spokes
arranged 3x for the rear. Front is also 36h due to the narrower flange
offset of the Son28. I normally use brass nipples but for this set I went
with the Sapim orange Polyax to carry over the frame color.

Tires are the Compass 700cx35, tubed. These are the tires expected to be on
most of the time with a possible move-up to 38's for dirt trails. The bike
is set for up to 42's with fenders.

Fenders will be the VO 50mm Snakeskin. I had to arm wrestle with Grant on
this; he does not know about the metal fenders yet unless Mark spilled the
beans so don't tell him!. I'll put these on myself when I get the bike
because I have the wheels waiting here.

The bike will start its tenure as my daily commuter (thus the Albastache)
and then we will go from there.

Excuse the very long post and thank you again for your kind words.

Pano