Patrick, you have to have flip it without a spatula. In other words, with a
flip of the wrist. Use a good, non-stick pan with butter. Let the bottom get
nice and done. With a circular motion get the omelet moving around in the pan,
then, once it's sliding well and toward the front, a flick forward and up. It
works great. It impresses the ladies too :-) I worked at Denny's for a bit in
the 70s and flipping an omelet was the only thing I learned (besides to never
eat at Denny's).