Fwiw, I have been reading Riv stuff since the very late 90's and I cannot
recall a year in which their budget was not discussed in some way. Every
business likely has such discussions in some form or fashion about budget
whether private or public. Regardless, here they are today 2017, so something
must be happening in their favor to still be.

I have also experienced the implied pressure to to buy things from them in some
way. But hey, this is no different than any business that is favored, you like
shopping there and want it to continue. It's like you become attached to it in
a way, but if that turns into a sense of responsibility and obligation for it's
very existence....I would be fooling only myself.

So hey, if we are speaking of "just riding" and riding like we are kids, these
metaphors express life itself, not just parts of it since that is setting more
of the very conditions we are supposedly being free of. Simply BEing..... is
unconditional. Celebrating BEing for the simply fact that I Be.  So too, "just
shop".... shop like a kid.... like venturing the corner store down the street
on the banana seated bike to buy a Baby Ruth bar and a Slo-Poke to savor over
the weekend.