I have the Roscoe with a Copenhagen Wheel
<https://superpedestrian.com/the-copenhagen-wheel>that was featured in the
blahg recently. It is fantastic. I wasn't really sure I wanted an e-bike
but I had ordered the wheel a few years ago pre-production because it
sounded like a cool idea. When it finally arrived, I didn't have a frame to
put it on but the Red Roscoe frame looked perfect. I sent the wheel to
Walnut Creek and they put this together
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm962y92yg39b30/RedRosco_E-1.jpg?dl=0>for me. I
have since changed the saddle and pedals to some I bought on this list
(thanks Richard!) and also added a Wald medium basket in front and I have
grocery baskets in back as needed.

I love it. It is a fantastic combination. It is so much fun to ride -
extremely intuitive and natural. I love that there aren't any battery backs
or wires visible except what you see in the giant hub on the wheel. I've
been inventing reasons I need to go run a quick errand by bike. The best
part is that when you start off, you just go. It eliminates the few rounds
of work to get the bike up to cruising speed. There are 3 levels of
assistance: turbo, standard, and eco, that govern how much assist you get
and also how long your battery will last. Standard is only about 30 miles.
With eco, they say you might get up to 39. I have been mostly riding in
standard mode because I live in a hilly neighborhood. Having the boost
means any road feels flat. You can recharge the battery a little with the
regenerative braking feature, which is actually fun to use when cruising to
a stop. It also has an exercise mode if you prefer resistance. I would
think that just having the wheel turned off would count as exercise since
the wheel is 22 pounds.  I suppose that, once it is moving, perhaps the
momentum would cancel that out. I haven't really tried it much without
power. I keep thinking I should but then I turn it back on because it is
really fun with it on and I am not a scientist.

I would highly recommend the Copenhagen Wheel to anyone thinking they might
enjoy some electric assistance and if its somewhat limited stats work for
your needs. It comes in a small variety of wheel sizes and types.  It is
expensive but the add-on kits I've seen are pretty pricey too. Because the
wheel is so heavy, I think it makes sense to have a geared bike to
accommodate pedaling without power if needed. Also, it is not really meant
for rain, puddles, or rough terrain.

I also really love the Roscoe. Such a great deal for a frame. The Roscie
decals and head badge make me smile like a kid. And it has lift-a-tube.
Even without the C-wheel, I expect I will love this bike. With normal
wheels, I imagine it would ride like my Appaloosa -- a bike that sails
comfortably through whatever it encounters. The Roscoe seems like it might
be a bit lighter and maybe stiffer but that could just be based on how I
have them set up. And that could just be my imagination. Whatever it is, it
feels terrific.