The only problems I have every had with chains coming off on a SS or fixed gear
bicycle happened when using a multi-speed cog. In retrospect, I should have
realized that multi-speed cogs are *designed* to derail. SS/fixed cogs have
taller teeth that lack ramps, all of which helps keep the chain in place.

Use a fixed/singlespeed cog, properly tension the chain (not as much of a
problem with SS), and you’ll be fine.

--Eric N
campyonly...@me.com
www.CampyOnly.com