Totally true Bill, and the Roadeo is a lovely bike. Thing is, a bare Roadeo
frame costs $800 more than the Romulus did as a complete bike.

Some of that is inflation, sure, but looking at the complete Sam for $2,500
the bare Roadeo frame sure seems expensive at $2,250. Probably out of reach
for many. That's what makes it feel like a lower priority, at least to me.
American made, and very nice! You get what you pay for. But a the moment a
Rivendell road bike requires a serious financial commitment.

We'll see how that new inexpensive road bike comes out, though!

Reed