I had a similar issue with a 26.0 stem + shim. I followed what others have
suggested (greased the stem bolt thread and applied a hefty amount of
torque to tighten). I do suggest getting the adjustment correct before
doing that as super torquing bolts tends to stress them, and consider
investing in a spare replacement bolt or two in case your torquing gets too
enthusiastic. I also cleaned off the bar/stem contact surface and mated it
up *without* any grease or lube or friction paste, per suggestions from
another thread. It's been a couple of months and I haven't experienced
slippage even when standing to pedal and after adjusting bar angle a couple
of times. *crosses fingers*

--Ed