On Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 2:00:53 PM UTC-7, ascpgh wrote:

> Brooks is going for marketing glam over staid performance and
> dependability.

I'm not sure this is a new thing.   The way Brooks has been marketing their
leather saddles is *very* much pushing a lifestyle;  it just may be more
obvious with the C-line saddles because you're not used to them.

(And the carbon-railed C's are actually quite nice; they're better than the
steel-railed ones.  It's possible that the way the carbon rails flex works
better with the rubber+cotton top than the steel rails did.   On my
personal list of saddle comfort the 145mm C13 feels better than the
similarly-widthed Brooks (the Swift?) and Berthoud, if not as nice as the
Berthoud Aspin   (I can't speak to the Brooks Pro, even though they used to
be my go-to saddle;  after having two of them collapse after only 25k miles
it sort of put me off on them.)

-david parsons