I prefer records and friction shifting. Records are just what I grew up
with - same with friction shifting on the Schwinn I rode back in the day. I
have CDs, stream music, and am fine with the index shifters some of my
recent bikes have had. And yet, there is a sense of grace and connectedness
to my Sam of the Hills Borne with friction shifting. I like starting off
from a stop standing up with hands at the front of the albastache bar,
sitting back in the saddle, hands sliding back and upshifting to get back
to speed. How many times have I done this? - the simple enjoyment never
gets old.

Records kept clean and stored well are a similar pleasure. I understand the
reason people like the new reissues on 180 gram vinyl, but I'll look for an
original pressing, *with* the original inner sleeve thank-you-very-much. To
the other comments about hi fi - I tend towards the British and PRAT.

Tony