On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 9:12:18 AM UTC-4, Fullylugged wrote:

> Tinking, "Can I convert this to 650B and ride it or will it still be too
> big?"   Gosh what a wonderful opportunity!

Since I did a 650b conversion, I should be one of the ones to say, the
official RBW answer on Rambouillet conversions to 650b is, "the BB would be
too low" but that was said when the normal tire width was a 32.

I think it works fine if you use a 650b-42 like Hetre or equivalent. But,
using a 42 means that your tire height is close to a 700c-25.  So, if a
56cm on 700c wheels would be too big, then I would think that the 56 would
still be too big.  I mean, yeah, you could use a 32 tire instead, but,
you'll start to run into more of a risk of having pedal strikes.  The
reason to do a conversion is to run fatter tires, right?  If you're going
to run less than a 32, I'd leave it as a 700c...

Although I love my Bomba, and I usually am putting more miles on my
canti-Rom anymore since I've got it set up for my more usual mixed-terrain
riding, if I was going for a longer road ride I'd be on my Ram in a
heartbeat, it was my first Riv and still my favorite.

It is a beautiful frame:  I hope someone snatched it up.