George,

I just had an identical experience with the same seller, trying to buy the
same item. I eventually made a claim through eBay and my money was refunded
today with no explanation. You can see my negative feedback here:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=holo_haleakala&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=182237433934&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Felt terrible leaving it, as they had a perfect record until now. All I
wanted was a quick note saying they'd run out and when to expect it. Or
even just a "sorry"! Sheesh, what a waste of time.

What's doubly sad, I can't find anywhere else on eBay to buy helicopter
tape in 1" widths without expensive international shipping. ::grumble::

Reed