Not furniture, but here are videos of traditional-style carpenter:
https://youtu.be/QJ5voZfUNbo
https://youtu.be/HXv8laE9YNA
I think required techniques are similar between carpentry and furniture
craft, only different in sizes.

BTW, I also live on floor. I am typing this sitting on floor, my computer
on a low table.

Takashi