When the weather gets generally dry I prefer to not have fenders on my
Appaloosa. We do have a lot of squirrelly squirrels here in the north
eastern US. Lots of rabbits too on the MUP. They behave differently from
squirrels but also unpredictably! So, yes, I worry about that happening.
Sticks too. Hasn't happened yet, but still... I would say it's about 50/50
for the year on average having fenders on/off. I totally agree with bsnyc
about riding through unknown nasty stuff in the city too. So when I head in
that direction I like to be covered. It has been pretty wet here for most
of May. My morning ride for the 1st of June was no different. My back side
and saddle bag stay dry as does the headset. But with all of the organic
matter falling from the trees right now I've been getting this mess. I
think I will try to make a mud flap from an old water bottle tonight and
see how that goes. Seems like I just need one on the front so I will start
with that. Those are the P65s over Maxxis Torches if anyone wants to know.

Bill in Westchester, NY

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Pd_3gXbZfQ4/WTAWOBtdT5I/AAAAAAAAAXI/fygbeJsyUeEyrnWZ4SZG3626prv9JsZsACLcB/s1600/IMG_2657.JPG>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0sSCc2IuJ-g/WTAWN0Oh3VI/AAAAAAAAAXE/0s9DJcqeqX8X3wBXP82hhkxMnrrhPD56QCLcB/s1600/IMG_2660.JPG>