I find TCO annoying, but all the bikes that I've had with this character
have had it without fenders, so I've chosen or avoided fenders for other
reasons, and I've found that, in fact, adding a bit more TCO with fenders
to a bike that already has TCO without doesn't make it worse -- in my own
experience, at least. In fact, in one case, fenders made it easier to deal
with: old Motobecane racing bike with shortish front center: I found that
adding VO aluminum fenders (35? 40?) actually helped my foot slide off the
wheel easier, or perhaps better, not catch on the wheel as easily.

But then I commuted in heavy urban traffic on fixed gears (no backpedaling)
with TCO, and found it just an annoyance, not a danger. You get used to it,
so much so that I automatically prepare for it even on bikes that don't
have it.

So if your bike has it without, you might as well put them on.

And all that said, I'd rather not have it if I didn't have to give anything
else up.