My plan exactly, Jay! nearly the perfect plush all terrain touring tire,
though underbiking a wee bit on technical single track. I've ridden my QB
on a lot of technical single track over the last three+ years with the
Barlow Pass tires and not once had a sidewall issue, which surprises me
given the decomposed granite we have around here.

SS Johnny: At the moment they measure 41mm, but I expect that to grow to
42-43 as they stretch, similarly to the Barlows.

Clarification to my initial post: the skinnier Compass tires I'm comparing
the Snoqualmie to are the Barlow Pass tires.

With abandon,
Patrick