Good points, Garth.

One of our heroes (some of us here anyway), Jobst Brandt, likely pedaled
hundred and hundreds of miles on gravel wearing tubulars and Campy
modulators rather than brakes...as did thousands of hardy TdF riders BITD.
But trends do gain momentum, I suppose.

It seems to me also quite likely the concept of 'gravel bike' was created
by brilliant bike industry minds looking for ways to sell more stuff. I'd
probably be concerned if I thought the availability of the disc brakes we
have been using so capably and safely for 80 or 90 years (much of that on
gravel for sure) was going away, but clearly it isn't...nor will it anytime
soon, thankfully, IMHO.

BEST / Jock Dewey / Athens, GA