While I understand the surface appeal of swapping out wheels for
wildly different tires, I wonder though, what about the handling with such
varying sets ?   For example, I ask myself...... would I want to ride my
Bomba with really fat tires and road tires ?   No.   And would I want to
ride really fat tires on my road bike ? No.   I say this because bike
frames are designed with a certain handling and feel within a relatively
small range of tire widths. This includes not just the dimensions of the
frame itself but also the type, shape and gauge of steel. Then you have
handlebars and how controlling the bike will feel with vastly different
tires.

   I get "the sell" of a chameleon do-it-all like bike, but myself I don't
spend alot of time thinking about my bikes when I'm not riding, nor do I
want to. When I want to ride I just want to ride, the less tinkering the
better.  Even swapping wheels means I still need another set of wheels,
same as on another whole bike. I live with 2 different bikes and like that
I have distinctly different bikes ready to go at-hand.

  For the while minimal-ism thing, would not one bike and one bike alone be
"minimal" ?  Adding another set of wheels make it minimal +1 ..... oh well
. what's a little fudging in a "standard" that cannot be ever be met ?
Ahahahahaha !

   Different strokes for different folks of course, and so no one can be
more/less right/wrong than anyone else !

    ( this Google groups formatting when trying to compose a message is uh
..... wonky at best !)