I sold all my Rivs...had three at one time. (Roadeo, Sam Hillborne,
Atlantis)

What happened to me was getting heavily involved in mountain biking and
I moved away from commuting by bike. I don't even bike camp anymore, so the
ability to tote a bunch of stuff on my bike just isn't a selling point for
me anymore. It really is just a priority change. I could purchase a Riv
again if they came out with a mountain bike specific frame that wasn't just
a touring bike built burlier...and I would prefer disc brakes. I know Riv
doesn't do them, but for what I ride and for how I ride, hydraulic disc
brakes are far superior to cantis or even v-brakes. But, I could see
getting a "mountain mixte" custom Rivendell made. There was one in a Riv
Reader a few years back that I could see duplicating for some of the trails
I ride. I currently have a full suspension bike (Santa Cruz Hightower)  and
a rigid steel hardtail (Niner Sir9) set up single speed, both 29ers and
both ride great for what I'm riding. Lots of smiles on those bikes.

My since sold Sam Hillborne with v-brakes could easily be a competent
modern day gravel bike. I rode that bike all over on the gravel and cannot
see much besting it. The Roadeo was a really great road bike; in fact I
just had someone ask me about it the other day and said how awesome
it was. Gorgeous bike that rode great. I'm just not much into riding on the
road anymore...too many people out to kill you with their cars around my
area which has scared me off the road. I'm not too proud to admit it.