Amen to that, brother about road riding in general...

 .
*I'm just not much into riding on the road anymore...too many people out to
kill you with their cars around my area which has scared me off the road.
I'm not too proud to admit it*

Which may be a very good reason why gravel road/offroad riding appeals

And a few people have mentioned age and accident related injuries which
unfortunately changes how you ride and what works for you back on the topic
of Rivs on the chopping block