It's been awhile since I sourced parts for a new bike. I haven't done this
since I ordered my custom Riv ages ago.

Use: randonneuring

Question: what's the current wisdom regarding classic long cage
derailleurs, front derailleurs, rear hubs (freewheel or cassette),
seatposts and shifts?

Have things gotten crazy expensive or is vintage still a viable alternative
to new stuff.

I'm sorry I missed out on the Riv Phil hub (what I have on my older road
bike).

I already have Mafac racers, a TA crank, and a set of Campy brake levers in
hand.

I'm a female with smallish hands and shortish stature. I'm going to set the
bike up as a compact double with either bar-ends or downtube shifters.

Wondering whether folks recommend in the way of classic, duable, stylish,
lightweight parts? New or old.

Let me know if you have anything for sale that might match my shopping list!

Regards,

Lesli Larson
Eugene, OR