Caught my attention as well and I hope it becomes a topic for discussion.
 Some of my thoughts on what it might be:

1)  Riv geo charts always list a front-center measurement.  I think most
bike companies don't list this measurement.
2)  I remember Grant referencing a shorter front-end and a longer rear-end
as being preferable.
3)  Grant has made a similar comment on handlebar height affecting handling
but he would not elaborate on the specifics.