A tangential but related question to that about saddle height: Do you
others who use cycling specific shoes favor different shoes for different
pedals and cranks? I find that even a slight difference in sole thickness
can make a saddle feel awkward; add to this the "flare" of the crank arms
and Q, and the attempt to avoid the inside of the shoe rubbing the arms,
and it's much easier to set up 1 shoe for each pedal/crank combo.

For example, the gofast with DA 7410 SPDs and converted Sidi road shoes has
a slightly lower saddle than the '03 with M 540s and ancient Shimano spd
shoes (both have the same crank).

Is this peculiar? Are others as sensitive to this sort of thing as I?

Patrick "Dear Abby: Does it make me look fat?" Moore