Lee, you're conflating two people and certainly insulting Tim in the
process. Grin.

Yes. You can use a saucepan and wood spoon to constantly stir a pound of
beans on medium heat that will yield 14ish ounces. 1-3 days before that
runs out, roast some more. You'll spend about 20 minutes per roast, set up,
roasting, and clean up all said once you get familiar (which will take you
one time. Seriously. It's easy.). If you like it and want a machine
dedicated to roasting, go for a roaster after you've experienced it the
saucepan way.

With abandon,
Patrick