With all due respect I would be very surprised if the Clems weigh 25-27
lbs; I'd be more inclined to guess somewhere north of 30 lbs. I suspect my
custom is more than 30...the boxed bike with the uber-Riv protective
packaging weighed 35 lbs according to the customs stamp.  But as you said,
Joe, you didn't weigh it.And whatever it weighs , it's not a
deal-breaker...in my experience Rivs ride light whatever they weigh

Now what interests me is what you said about carrying bikes up and down
stairs...because you wouldn't want to leave that pretty Clem locked to a
lightpost.
Yeah, I will admit up and down the stairs is a challenge with mine because
I like one hand free for balance (been like this for quite a number of
years). With my other bikes with diamond frames, the top tube rests on my
shoulder so no problemo.

Maybe you guys and gals have some tips for schlepping step throughs up and
down stairs...kinda dumb, I know. But the garage is NOT an option for my
Rivendells , and I live in a pretty decent neighborhood  but shit happens
as we all know.

Thanks in advance for any advice in that regard....Ryan