OK, now I see your predicament. I agree with Nash. The bolt in your
pictures doesn't look the one in the product photos on the Paul Components
website. If you bought the brakes new and that bolt came in the package,
well I'm stumped. But if you bought the brake used or with missing pieces,
I would email Paul and ask what length button head hex bolt to get from the
hardware store. I'd take the brake and the problem solver nut to ensure I
got the right threading and that the head of the bolt didn't protrude and
interfere with the movement of the brake arms. Or, just ask Paul to buy the
part (I don't see the replacements for the recessed version on the website,
just the ones for converting recessed to non-recessed.) Good luck.