I am sure about the weight. I have a Park DS-1 bike scale. I weighed it
when I took the photos. I coated the inside of the frame. The wide B-68 is
heavier than a B-17, The stem is steel. The 105 rear derailleur has steel
parts. The Noodles are the widest width I could get. It has 44 mm wide
tires. I am 6' tall, long torso, short legs, and fat. I could lose the
weight of several complete bicycles and still be overweight, so I don't
really build bikes to be light. Durable and comfortable is important to me.
Due to the proportions of my body, I love bikes with relatively long top
tubes and high handlebars, probably one if the reasons I like Rivendells so
much. I have tried all sorts of handlebars but still prefer drops - I have
been riding them since my 1970 Schwinn Varsity Sport and feel funny sitting
too upright.

Laing