I think you've gotten your answer, but wanted to add my vote that you
absolutely want the 52. No question.  I think it would be almost perfect, which
makes you very lucky because the limited number of sizes can be a problem.  Im
6'1 1/2" with a 87cm pbh, and my 59 is marginally too big.  Reach is ideal if
not a wee bit short for use with bosco bars, but stack is too high, and I have
zero standover clearance.

Im usually with Garth on this, in that i believe that proper fit trumps
everthing.  But i was just thinking the other day how much i love mine, for
exactly the use you describe, DESPITE the fact that my fit isn't ideal.
If/when i can get a custom, it will basically be a fully-lugged 56cm clem H
with 700c wheels:  the missing size.  At that point. I think I'd get rid of
most of the 20+ bikes i have hoarded, and anything else would essentially
become a "special event" bike: all rounder for touring, ram for all-day road
rides, a go fast, a couple of actual mountain bikes, and a snow bike for the
other 7 months.

As it is, I choose the clem most of the time anyway.