On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Allingham II, Thomas J
<thomas.alling...@skadden.com> wrote:
> But seriously, if your toe is not attached to the pedal, it will just slip
> off if it bumps into the fender, correct?  So no issue with TCO if not
> clipped in?

It depends on a number of things:

1. how much of your toe is over the front of the pedal
2. how sticky the toe of your shoes are to the fender
3. how slow you're going
4. how stiff your fender stays are.

I've had TCO cause the fender to touch the front wheel which causes
the bike to STOP and causes me to fall over all of this on platform
pedals.

Though, to be fair - it only really happens when I'm at a standing
start since it is hard to move your foot around too easily when you're
standing.

-sv