Patrick is right - you get twice as much gear change in the rear as the
front. But... you can get three times the range if you change them both,
right?

I had a plan to make a 2x2, mostly for fun. Once you've got a tensioner, it
may as well be a derailleur. Conversely, if you've got a chainkeeper in
front, it may as well be a derailleur. I think the main impetus was too
many parts in the bin, and redundant fixed gear bikes. And the White DOS
ENO freewheels don't have big jumps.

Philip
www.biketinker.com