Not quite sure what you mean by "minimalist dress and casual", but I'll
give it a shot. All but 1 bike have SPDs -- M540, M540, 7410 -- and only
the Hon Solo has clips 'n' straps. For the SPDs, I have a pair of beige
Lake laceups that work with all my bikes, and those are the dressiest SPD
shoes I have. I sometimes choose those when I ride to church, but usually
just use whatever shoe I've "optimized" as the business speakers say
(George Orwell, thou shouldest be living at this hour) for a given bike.
Whether any of these are minimal, I leave up to others. They were all
acquired second hand, if that counts. As for dressy, my cycling togs are
generally neat and not gaudy, so I can get by with a Nike swoosh or a pair
of lugged soles and still be elegant.

For the Dahon, I wear my default street shoe, which is some
moccasin-derived leather slip on -- Weejuns or ilk, or boat shoes or
copies, formal and beater respectively. Y'all can decide if those are
dressy, minimal, both, or neither, but the whole point of the MKS "Spirit"
pedals, L Christophes, and straps with pads and buttons is that they work
with said slip ons.

For my own taxonomical reasons, I put the MKS/slip on arrangement as
minimal-er and even minimalist, but YMMV.

On Sat, Nov 18, 2017 at 11:44 AM, lum gim fong <john11.2...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since some of you are minimalists, I was wondering about what you wear for
> biking, dress, and casual.
>
> Do minimalist shoes wear well? Last long?

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique