Birkenstock Boston clogs... not specifically for biking but they are my most
minimal pair of footwear and get used heavily and often double for pedaling
duty during warmer weather.  The spiked VP thin gripsters I have on two bikes
grip the soft sole of the Birks well and I’ve only avoided using them when
riding fixed with holdfast straps since there is no heel retention with the
clogs.

Needing a size 15 or 16 narrow my options are limited but I’ve always had a
pair of Birkenstock Arizona’s (wore out 3 pairs over the years) until finding
the Boston in my size a couple years ago. Now I’ve actually come to prefer the
closed toe clogs and even wear them to the office on occasion.

The only downside is the single strap of that model is riveted on the inside of
the foot (but to the outside of the main leather upper) and I’ve caught/rubbed
the rivet and tag end of the strap on a crank arm before.  After a couple times
I weakend the rivet and just ended up replacing on my own with a solid hammered
copper rivet and burr.

Brian Cole
Lawrenceville NJ