Alan, it certainly seems Riv has moved mostly to flat bars, I tried a set
of North Road (typical older 3 speed bars) on a commuter and didn’t like
them,I never felt very secure on descents, still much prefer drops. I have
48 noodles on  my bikes, I’m 66 and not especially flexible, bars and
saddle are level. Steve
Plymouth, New Hampshire

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 7:33 AM alan lavine <cigar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info, Evan.  I was hoping to see that photo because they
> all have slightly different shapes, even though similar.
>
> Curious about how many others are slowly moving away from drop bars, as I
> am.  For me, its definitely an aging/arthritis/flexibilty issue.  But I
> find that too upright makes my back hurt, as the vertical forces are
> transmitted straight up and down the spine.  Finding that Goldilocks spot
> is a challenge...been through many cockpits last few years!
>
> Alan
> NYC
>

> On Saturday, November 25, 2017 at 9:16:01 PM UTC-5, Doug H. wrote:
>>
>> I just replaced drop bars on my Trek 520 with Rivendell’s Albastache and
>> a Nitto Dirt Drop Stem. It feels like a new bike. Upright but with several
>> hand positions.

Steven Sweedler
Plymouth, New Hampshire