Then again, maybe you're ready now for sedate and stoutish...

>From what the designer has said several times since the model was
announced, the Roadini was more or less created to be a less expensive
alternative to the company's "road bike" model, ie, the Roadeo. I did not
look to compare the geometries between the Roadini and the Ram, but if you
are of the J. Heine School of Planing, it may be that, rather than geometry
differences between the three models, a slightly thicker tubeset, while not
of any consequence weight-wise, could dampen the "spirited riding" ever so
little of a bit as to put the Roadini more in the Ram than the Roadeo
territory in terms of road feel. If so, I suspect that would not affect the
great majority of people who want a go out for a 20-60 mile fast
recreational ride type of bike. Especially those who never had a Ram which
they felt was too sedate.

in 2015 we sketched out a bike with the ride of the roadeo and all the
qualties a road bike should have. it’s safe, comfortable, good for all
roads & weather, and fun to ride. this June we’ll have it: the
italian-sounding roadini.

*Roadeo vs RoADini *

1. the roadeo has lighter tubes, but roadini’s tubes are light enough.
they’re our own silver design, but we’ve chopped from the big-butted ends
to minimize weight. it’s probably slightly stronger than necessary.

2. the same tire clearances —up to a 35mm with no fenders, and easily a
28mm w/fenders.

3. roadini’s chainstays are a hair longer than the roadeo’s (which are
already longer than most)—so it’s more stable, but still zippy.

4. the roadini top tube slopes up more, so it’s easier to get the bars
high. your roadini size is 2-3cm smaller than your roadeo size.

5. the roadeo frame is made in america and is all lugged, which makes it
our flagship road bike. the roadini frame is made in taiwan, is tig-welded
except for a seat lug, weighs a few ounces more, and costs $1,450 less