One bike is doable and can be practical, but it will need service and be
unavailable for a while until ready to ride again, so the more practical
solution for someone who rides a lot is a minimum of two bikes. I don’t drive
due to bludgeoned brain, but I am able to ride so the bike is my primary
transporation, as well as brain therapy, and two bikes gives me time to work on
one (or the shop if t’ job is o’r me ‘ed) and still get around happily.

My two bikes are a Hunqapillar and Quickbeam, which on the spectrum of Riv
bikes are fairly far apart (about as far as can be gotten?), yet they overlat
tremendiously. Really, the only difference between them is the load I’d carry.
I ride all the same stuff with them. But the Quickbeam is a mustang, and the
Hunqapillar is a mammoth. You can carry a LOT more with a mammoth. Grin.

My advice to pare down? Keep everything you have for a year, but only ride the
two bikes you think you could pare down to. If you change your mind, change
what you ride, but stick to the year. No matter what you decide, you’ll learn a
lot. Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick