I bet it will work really well, because Silvers do and Riv cares, duh...
Plus, prototypes are prototypes. Design is iterative.

I might be talking out of my ass here, but I was also kinda thinking the
look of these shifters—besides taking a note from the old Suntours—could be
part of an evolution in Riv's design aesthetic... industrial/post-war
ridges/notches/grooves like the Appa fork and, Rosco graphics? Rodini
headtube. The Chocomoose bars have a rigid, less flowy shape to them... I'm
on board.

Bob
Brooklyn, NY