Regarding the waterproofness of the Bartube:
While it is true that the canvas is waterproof, the zipper isn't. And while
there's a "lip" over the zipper, this lip disappears if you fill the tube
up well enough, inviting the rain to get into the zipper pretty easily.

I had the Brand V version for a year or so and rode it in rainy Portland.
The rain getting in through the zipper was the main reason I sold it.

yours,
Shawn