Hi Ted,

I wear gloves when riding, so don't have the sweat issue you described but
I also don't see the holes getting gunked up with dirt of any other type.
 But the few times I've ridden short distances I've found Brooks leather
tape to be kinda slick, not as grippy as it feels with gloves.  If I were
gonna ride skin-to-tape on a regular basis I'm not sure I'd go with
leather, despite its other advantages.

Dave