I've sweat-soaked my Brooks perforated leather tape several times on
RAGBRAI.  It's holding up pretty well.

What corrosion are you worried about?  Aluminum doesn't corrode
significantly without galvanic contact with another metal (like steel).

I did not like the feel nor the stiffness of cloth tape with shellac.