What does the flexing actually feel like?

I have ridden a Bleriot, Sam, and Rambouillet.

When I am fit, they all feel fast.
When I am not, sometimes the Sam and Bleriot felt like I could not get out
of my own way on hills.
With the Rambouillet, I feel like the pedals are easier to turn. Like they
are cooperating. Even on hills, they are responsive to the stroke, even
when going plodding slow uphill. Just easier to turn the pedals. All almost
identical builds and fit setups.

Also, I have ridden with people who rode 531 and asked them if they felt
planing and they said no.

I think butting length also effects the planing.
Also tire pressures/widths.