Do the two frames have the same max tire size? (I would assume the
650B can fit slightly bigger tires, but don't know). If max tire size
is different, will you want to run fat tires? (Taking into
consideration that if you are new to the bobish/rivish way of biking,
you'll probably end up running wider tires than you can possibly
imagine now.) If you want the option of wide tires, does the 650B
frame fit the 42mm Hetres? That would be reason enough for me to go
with the 650Bs. Hetres seem like absolutely fabulous tires, and there
is nothing like them in 700C.

I don't think tire availability should be a factor, unless you plan on
living outside of Europe/N. America. I chose the 56cm/700C Hillborne
over the 52cm/650B partly because I wanted to err on the side of a
larger frame, but also because I live in Thailand and shied away from
650B. But now I kinda wish I had 650B wheels with Hetres. Guess I'll
have to buy another bike down the road... :)

Gernot