On 01/09/2018 09:44 AM, Jonathan D. wrote:
I also have a Ram and love to ride it. I was told by Will it is a Roadini with
more lugs.

Well, except that the Rambouillet had rear rack mounting points on the seat stays.  As far as I can tell from looking at the pictures on the Riv web site, the Roadini has no rack mounts of any kind anywhere.  That greatly limits its usefulness as a commuter in my book.  I've commuted carrying clothes and shoes in a large seat bag, and although it works, it's far less handy than carrying clothes and shoes in panniers.  (Yes, you could use P-clamps, but honestly - why would you want to?  And why does this frame have no rack mounting points if carrying a commuting or light touring load was considered in the design?)

Riv's web site says this about the Roadini:

   /
   /

   /The Roadini is an all-around, all-weather road bike. It gives up
   nothing to modern extreme bikes on smooth, ideal roads, and is far
   better in every way when conditions are crappy. It has the classical
   clearances of the oldies, higher quality overall construction, is
   more comfortable, and rides like a Rivendell./

   //

   /If up to now you’ve avoided road bikes because they’re so weird,
   extreme, and expensive, now there’s one that isn’t. This year we’re
   making just over 100 frames in 5 sizes (listed below) expected early
   this fall. We have a second run scheduled for early next year./

I think "road bike" in this context is meant the same way as with your LBS carbon fibre road racers.  I do not believe it is meant as "sport touring" - which the Rambouillet pretty clearly was.

--
Steve Palincsar
Alexandria, Virginia