Ben:

Check all the airlines serving your destination but IMHO it's rare for an
airline to be competitive with ground service.  On top of that, the
airlines are no more gentle with luggage than UPS & Fed Ex are with
packages. If you take your bike on the airplane, you also have to think
about transporting the big box from the airport to your destination.
Sounds trivial but it can be a hassle.

Check the current standards but the magic number for UPS & Fed Ex has been
130", combined length plus girth of your box.  I have a hard case that
meets the requirement and my 58 cm Atlantis fits.  I have to remove racks
but can still pack them in the box.  A 62 might be a snug fit.

Depending on your needs at your destination, another solution is to track
down a rental bike.  This option has grown in availability in the last few
years, and is worth considering if you are doing casual rides in one area.
Of course, if you are setting out on a long, multi day tour having your own
bike is priceless.

Have not used Bike Flights but they have gotten positive reviews on bike
forums.

dougP