Hi group,

12 to 15 ft-lbs on a lubricated quill bolt is entirely unnecessary in my
(limited) experience.  I stop well below that (~8 ft-lbs) and find the
connection to be plenty snug.  I tighten until the wedge is safely seated
against the steerer tube, testing with a lateral twist as I go and stopping
when the quill doesn't budge. I'd suspect hitting 12 to 15 ft-lbs on "wet"
threads could be enough to deform the steerer tube, potentially resulting
in a connection that may not be able to be safely and securely tightened.

Bikes steer with the slightest input from the rider.  There is not great
force applied to the bars.  I need the connection snug enough not to be
secure while riding, but not so snug that it won't give during a crash.

The spec'd crank bolt torque shown above must be a misprint.  Go that light
and you might want to  keep some extra crank arms on hand.