This project is gaining some form out of the mist of possibilities.  Like a
shadow in the fog that you know will take shape in time, and then the moment
when you think…"so that’s what it is!"

I have been a one bike fits all guy for a long time and haven’t, until owning a
Rivendell, regretted the thought of moving on to a different ride.  Early on in
this process when I considered having a +1, I was thinking a LHT or Specialized
AWOL for the loaded, or winter riding, but the two bike thinking was out of my
experience and I reverted to past form.  I was thinking that shifting the
functional overlap toward the ‘hauling’ end’ of the spectrum, would better suit
current and future usage.   Instead of occasionally overloading the Sam, I
would  sacrifice on the zippy side.  I like the idea of an lightly loaded
Atlantis, still having that “Riv Ride” feeling that we all know and talk about,
 and then loading it up for a tour, guiding folks on the GAP, or Adventure
Cycling work that I hope to do.  Do any Atlantis riders out there not like how
their bike rides with a small load?

I have ridden a friends LHT and it. is. a. tank!  Loaded or unloaded, it rides
like a concrete block, but it certainly fits his use at 300lbs + 70lbs touring
load (he over packs.)

You all have me thinking how to make a N+1 option work, and in a sense, that is
now on the table.  I love to ride, and biking is important to me but not in the
sense that I have to ride to work or meetings.  It is my escape.  I enjoy the
journey, the views, and the people…and of course, the coffee!

Slainté,

Rusty Click
Pgh,PA